Friday, February 11, 2011

Adventurous Reader

I always love finding new books to read, but the problem always comes down to price. Can I really afford to spend $20 on a book that I don't know if I'll like? If I don't like it, I can't return it, so I'm stuck with it.

I used to scour the shelves in vain, hoping something would jump out at me, and I'd constantly ask my friends for advice, and for a quick loan of a book or two, but then I saw a sign that changed everything: used books for sale.

If you're an adventurous reader like I am, then a used book store is just the place where you want to be. Hundreds of volumes for a fraction of the cost of new books, all in a good condition, are just waiting to be read.

People that have used volumes for sale are usually great people to ask for recommendations and hints about the category that you will like. They seem to have a sixth sense about these things, and they can recommend half a dozen that you will enjoy based off one question. While people who sell new ones are generally just employees, second hand volume sellers love their job, and they love it. They know most of the stock that comes through, so they can help you find exactly what you're looking for.

I always heard about the Asimov series 'Foundation', but I didn't know if I'd like it. I saw the later in the series for sale at well over $30 in stores, but none had the first in the series. My local store had it for sale for $7, in a great condition, too.

Your search can link to hundreds of different sellers all over the world, so you can find something in your local area.

If you are looking used books for sale, then just click here: http://www.usedbooksearch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment